dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

delicata squash

Delicata squash is my favorite squash hands down.  You can eat the skin, and it has the most delicious flavor when roasted.  I roasted some small ones for lunch yesterday, and we ate them with rice.  I cut them in half, scooped out the seeds, cut them into crescents, put them in a corningware dish, sprinkled with olive oil and salt and granulated garlic, and baked uncovered at 350 for a long time without stirring.  It would have been a good idea for me to stir, but it was fine.  I was making the brownies at the same time, which I thought might be a problem, but it wasn't.  Baking them at a higher temp would have been okay, but I kept the oven at 350 for the brownies.

http://summertomato.com/better-than-butternut-roasted-delicata-squash-recipe/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home