dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mt Shasta the Town

Hello from Mt Shasta the Town.  We're at the library where it's cool and has computers.  The bank of computers is small.

We had Thai food for lunch at this place called Phucket.  Something that sounds like Fuck It.  My food was very bland.  I've decided that I don't like yellow curry.

Long time ago in Irvine, I went to this Thai place and got delicious potato curry, and I keep wanting to eat that again, but it doesn't happen.

Last night I woke up about 20 times.  The ground is hard beneath our tent.  I use my backpack as a pillow.

I'm reading this backpacking book called Wild.  It's also just a memoir, with hiking the Pacific Crest Trail as a theme.  But her mom dies and marriage ends as well.

This morning while Ming hiked Black Butte, I wrote some long letters.  I was at the cafe of this natural foods store called Berryvale.

Mt Shasta the Town is such a hippie, New Agey place.  How did this happen?  Did I tell you before about all the crystal shops?  At the little park there were a bunch of people lying in the grass with their backpacks off.

This was an impromptu camping trip, and we will go home tomorrow.  Then Friday we're going to Oakland Chinatown with Ming's kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home