dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, August 08, 2014

free breakfast revisited

Last night Ming went to a vegan potluck and then a presentation by this cookbook author who was the cook on Sea Shepherd.  He brought fruits.  He missed me but had fun.

I saw friends.  We walked to a corner store looking for a flyswatter, but they didn't have any.  We ate dinner.  We walked to the dollar store where they had flyswatter two packs.

Before that we were at Naked Lounge with our friend ML.  I had a decaf iced Mocha Thai which had daunting whipped cream on top sprinkled with some grainy chocolate stuff. 

This morning I went to Wellspring for breakfast for the first time since our neighbor died.  I had boring oatmeal, buttered toast that was strangely unsalty, and a small bit of yogurt with fruit on it.  And green tea.

The person at my table introduced herself to me.  We talked about her plans to return to school and study anthropology.  She's going to city college and got a $9k grant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home