dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, August 11, 2014

in Guadalupe

We are in the land of my birth.  We're staying at an undisclosed location in Guadalupe.  Today is my nephew's birthday, so I'm wearing my rainbow tiedye in celebration.  Yesterday we had fun with family and pizza and bought safety pins for Mom. 

This house we're staying in has no foundation.  Ming and I are talking about it.  "I wonder if you can lift a house and put in a foundation.  Seems like if you have enough money you can do almost anything," he said.

Also this house has no shower, I guess--only a tub.  Also, it's very old and has keyholes for skeleton keys. 

Tomorrow Ming's going to help distribute food for the neighborhood's poor.  The next day I see my best friend E.  This morning I see a friend I have know for about...23 years. 

This morning I asked Ming to get me some socks out of my suitcase and he threw them at me, which I didn't appreciate, so I threw them at him.  It made me laugh.  He is flexible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home