dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, September 15, 2014

the best jeans I ever had

I had these jeans, the best jeans I ever had.  Two pair, identical.  They belled out a little bit on the legs, fit well, were very comfortable.  But they wore out.  Eventually I threw them away. 

This was years ago, like twelve years ago.  They were soft.  I miss them.

More recently I had some shorts that were my favorite shorts.  They were the best fitting and looked very nice.  But they are worn out now.  There are holes and the edges fray.  I bought an iron on patch.  Should I try to prolong their life?  Or just let them go?  I'm afraid the patch will just complicate matters when it's actually time to say goodbye.

Seems like lots of my clothes are wearing out at the same time.  If only I had a windfall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home