dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, December 12, 2014

grieving BOB

We took everything out of BOB today in preparation for junking it.  There were old tapes from the middle thing, tons of stuffs in the glove box--we found a roll of quarters in there.  A bag of rocks and shells I wanted to return to the sea.

It's sad.  Sad to lose BOB.  It took us such good places--to Canada, to Las Vegas, to Santa Maria many times.  To Berkeley.  Good people rode and slept in it.  Peace walkers caught rides in it, Catholic Workers, friends. 

And before us, BOB had another life even.  So many lives in a vehicle from 1985.

So thanks to my parents for buying me BOB for $1000 originally, and goodbye to BOB.  I'm just waiting for a quote from Pick n Pull.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home