dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, January 12, 2015

bird thing

Last night in Berkeley we went to a Krishna temple and chanted and danced.  It was fun.  Then someone gave a talk, and I was annoyed by what he said about a prostitute and Christianity.  What he was saying seemed simplistic.  So we left before prasad, which was fine.  When you gotta go, you gotta go.

This morning Ming gardened near Rio Linda, and I hung out at a strip mall.  It was okay.  He picked me up at McDonald's.  That's not somewhere I have spent much time...

But during my two hours of wait, I finished reading a book on vandwelling, texted some people, wrote three letters, and started a fourth. 

It's warmed up here like spring. 

I went to the bead store to pick up some things for the bead knotting class I'm taking on Thursday, and there was a little bird in the store.  It had flown in through the open door.  Then it freaked out and flew into the window, trying to escape.  The worker picked it up and put it outside.

Later I heard her tell the story to another worker at the store.  She said when she got the bird outside, it realized she was holding it and flew off.  I guess it was just stunned.

Why do birds get stunned when they fly into windows?  I don't understand.  I guess their bird brains react to a hit by being stunned, which temporarily freezes them.  But then they recover abruptly.  I guess it's a bird thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home