dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

free breakfast

I was really impressed with the continental breakfast at the hotel this morning.  They had Vegemite and Marmite.  Wow.  They all kinds of syrups for coffee.  They had instant oatmeal and bagels and English muffins like crazy.  They had some kind of dessert bread and bananas.  They had orange juice and milk.  Coffee, tea.  It was fun.

The worker asked us what our plans are for the day, and I said, "Nothing special.  Just go to the beach."  It's cold out but not as cold as I expected.  In that splitsecond of decision making of how to answer his question, I didn't know how to say we might go back to the library!

At the library yesterday I read this big vegan cookbook called Isa Does It.  The recipes looked delicious.  I want to make the angel hair with olives and brussels sprouts right away.

And last night we went on a candy run to the Raley's.  We are such early birds that we usually don't go out at night.  We also bought yogurt, and Ming got expensive juice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home