dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

the smell of snow

Guess where Ming and I are?  We took a spontaneous trip to South Lake Tahoe!  So here we are.  I am feeling happy.  We're staying the night at an inexpensive hotel.  So far we have...

1.  eaten Italian food, something we almost never do
2.  drunk ginger limeade from a vegan cafe
3.  gone on a walk including under a bridge
4.  drunk coffee and read / written
5.  visited the library
6.  checked into our hotel

There's snow on the ground and a little ice.  I like the snow and fear the ice.  Our little Echo took the hills wonderfully.

It's fun to be somewhere new.  Ming has never touched Lake Tahoe, and neither have I, so we will today or tomorrow.

Oh, I wanted to mention on our walk I felt like I was going to slip and grabbed onto the nearest plant, which unfortunately for me was covered in fine thorns, but it doesn't hurt anymore.  Also, it smells good in Lake Tahoe.

"Does ice have a smell?" I asked Ming.  I feel like I can smell the snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home