dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, March 08, 2015

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

I was going through this bag of stuff.  It was from my last move, stuff from my desk I never dealt with.  A lot of it I could throw away.  But every piece of paper requires consideration, and that part of my brain can only do so much at a time.

I guess I could have just thrown all of it away.  A saner person might do that. 

I have mail to open and read from when Ming and I were away on our trip.  More paper seems perverted. 

Yesterday I didn't blog because we were in Berkeley all day.  We saw friends and went to a concert by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah's Alec Ounsworth.  It was fantastic.  He played some of my favorite songs from the first two albums.  It was a house show.  I felt like the weirdest person there, which is usual.  It was a room full of people my age or so, the vast majority white and affluent.  I felt like a weirdo, and we were right in the front, right next to the musician.  So when Ming yawned multiple times (narcolepsy) I was sort of horrified.

But I was thinking how a relationship is like meditation, when you're trying to observe the breath without controlling it.  It takes everything in me to try not to control Ming, but I gotta try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home