dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

crazy

My friend P, she has a son with schizoaffective disorder.  He is missing right now.  He is 50-something and homeless and stopped picking up his monthly social security check.  Maybe he's dead. 

P was telling me about this person who lives at her retirement home.  Her name is Mary, and she thinks she's the mother of God.  She introduces herself that way.

P hates it.  She told Mary, "I don't want you to talk to me that way."  She doesn't want to encourage it, she told me.

I am the opposite.  I would listen to Mary, I think, and wonder if she really was somehow the mother of God.  But maybe Mary is annoying and I would start avoiding her.  I have never lived in an assisted living place.  It reminds me of a dorm full of old people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home