dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

packing

It's not quite crunch time regarding packing, but it is time to pack a lot.  I get bogged down with sorting.  I freak out trying to get rid of stuff and group like with like.  Piles pile up.  I get frustrated / overwhelmed. 

I have this cute ribbon that looks like measuring tape.  It's adorable and good.  But what do I do with it?  Wrap a present for a seamstress?  I don't know any.  Well, I know plenty of Taylors. 

Last night I saw a friend, the first person I knew in Sacramento.  She has been so good to me for a long time.  We went for a walk at Land Park.  We circumnavigated ponds.  We found we have different definitions of pond vs lake. I think of lakes as huge, like the Great Lakes.  We talked about her job.  We talked about sex. 

She just moved into a house and is unpacking, so she unpacked some boxes for me while I sat in a comfy chair.  She unpacked the boxes to give me, to give me the boxes.  I wanted small ones for papers. 

I don't want to finish this blog post because when I do, I have to pack more.  But we are going to drop off a handmade sickle for Ming's friend C.  And I am seeing a friend at 10:45.  We will say goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home