dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, May 17, 2015

the banner

Last night we were driving home from an event.  Driving driving, la la la.  All of a sudden, Ming says, "Oh my god.  How did that get there?"  I look to my right and see a blue banner hanging from a fence and instantly realize it's an NDE banner.  It's about nuclearism.

"Do you want me to get it and you'll circle around?" I asked.

"Yeah," Ming said.  We were at a light.  I hopped out of the Echo and approached the banner.  Someone stuck it on the chainlink fence with rusty wire.  On the right it looked like a barb from barbwire.  On the left it looked more janky.

So I got the banner off the fence.  It was dirty.  I stood around waiting for Ming to come get me, wondering his initial question: how did that get there?

We wondered if our houseguest might have done it.  We wondered if the banner got lost on the Peace Walk and someone found it.

"Someone went through a lot of trouble to hang it up," I said, thinking about how it was hung so neatly.

"It's definitely ours," Ming said.

Home, it's on the kitchen floor waiting to be washed.  But we gotta clean up.  We're having a small party tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home