dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, June 19, 2015

zine reviewer blues

I don't think I like my role as a zine reviewer.  It puts me in a weird position.  I'm being evaluative, and then my review is being evaluated by the zine maker.  It's a judgey process.  And it's not friendly.  I feel friendly, but I get the feeling I'm the one with power.  It's like being a teacher, sort of.  And it's a lot of work.

I got burnt out and am cutting back.  But today we are going to a pool party.  In the afternoon when it's really hot.  We got invited by some frequent Catholic Worker volunteers.  I have swimtrunks but need a new tank top for swimming.  Where would I buy such a thing?  I'll figure it out.

2 Comments:

  • At June 20, 2015 5:09 PM, Anonymous Liam said…

    Nice blog! (I know I've read it before),

    Your life seems so rich!

    Can I post a link to my blog www.poeturbanistethnographer.wordpress.com

    It's not activated at the moment but it will be in the next few days.

    :)

     
  • At June 21, 2015 9:49 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    sure!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home