dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, July 11, 2015

$3.18

We went to Mariana's and spent $3.18 on all the veg we need for tomorrow's big cook, besides the potatoes we already have and the kale we're getting donated.  A bag of carrots was 50 cents.  Onions were three pounds for a dollar.  (We got seven onions for $1.08)  Green bell peppers were three for a dollar.  We got two cukes for 34 cents, two bonus plums for 26 cents.  Anyway, it was amazing.

Before that we went to my favorite Las Vegas Indian food place Mt Everest.  It's got the best spinach I've ever tasted, anywhere, ever.  They deserve an award.

This morning we walked and served.  I rinsed dishes.  We went to a meeting.  I ate graham crackers and wasn't afraid to do a long check-in.

Also this morning I reserved a campsite in Ashland, Oregon for our roadtrip.  It was a little nervewracking.  Maybe you've shopped online for campgrounds before and know what I mean.  How much one costs vs another, location, reservation fees, tent sites vs RV sites, availability.  What a pita.

But it's good to have a little certainty to hold onto.  I mean, we have a lot of certainty.  But sleep spots for a few of the nights are still up in the air, so to speak.  If only we could sleep up in the air.  But we'd need to be tethered so we wouldn't float away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home