dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, July 03, 2015

mall mistake

Today I made a mistake.  I decided we should go to the mall.  I thought it would be worth it to get a big soft pretzel.  Wrong.  It was a walk from the parking garage to the shop.  Quite a walk in 107 degrees.  By the time we arrived at the pretzel shop, I was very wet with sweat.

When I ordered my pretzel, the worker looked at me weird.  There was nowhere to eat in the store, so we had to go back outside.  But we found a spot at the packed food court.

And the story has a happy ending because Ming went for the car and picked me up near the food court.  I was sitting on the edge of a planter in the shade, but the planter was still hot enough to burn my butt.  A taxi cab pulled up and the driver stared at me for a long, long time.  I don't know what was so interesting about me.  Maybe he was messin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home