dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, October 01, 2015

intense situations

Tonight I attempted to make some boxed vegan mac and cheese but it was gluten free too.  It was a fail.  It was slimy and tasted like barf.  Holy crap, I don't know how anyone could like it.

I made a nice lunch though: brown rice, roasted delicata squash, sauteed purple potatoes, carrot sticks, and cucumber circles.  Our friend King R was here helping Ming with some NDE stuff.  I would have liked a plump vegan sausage in the middle of the plate, but we don't have any.

This morning we peace vigiled.  Some intense situations are happening around us.  So far we are safe from the worst of it, and I hope our luck holds up.

"It's like making a zine," I told Ming.  "You do your best and work really hard, but then you let it go, and it has a life of its own."  I told him how it's good for me to worry up to a point, but after that it's fruitless and I'm just making myself sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home