dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, February 04, 2016

three poems in one day

I'm shivering because I decided to make myself a cherry smoothie when we got home from the grocery store.  It's cold in our house!  It was fun to run errands and be warm in the car.

Today I wrote a poem in the morning about the astronomer John Dobson.  Then in the afternoon Ming and I watched an interview with him and his memorial video, which focuses a lot on his religious views.

Then I typed up this other poem that's about my ex-therapist.  It talks about the healing power of her silent love.

Then in the afternoon I wrote another poem, this one about my community members and the different ways we express love.  The first sentence of the poem flowed out of me, and then the rest of the poem came easily--I don't think it's very good, but it might delight the people it's about.

Ming wanted Japanese curry, so we went to this Japanese curry place near Kung Fu Tea.  Our food was delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home